When you have made the decision to put your property up for sale on the open market, there are a few tentative steps that need to be taken, notwithstanding, who do you entrust with the task? Almost every Estate Agent in the land will promise you the world, and some will even promise to sell your home within the week. This is of course nonsense – Houses sell at their own pace.
But many exceptional agents will go that extra mile to ensure optimum coverage, they’ll have that honest chat with you about home décor colour schemes or clutter, do late evening phone out’s, arrange viewings and get you live on Rightmove
within 24 hours of the photos and details being done. But from the initial valuation day, unless you are sitting on an absolute gem, it can be a waiting game, or simply a game of numbers. Anyway, we digress - Back to those tentative steps, and despite your optimism, you need to remain realistic about several things:
- Price – Listen to the experts. You may be way off with your estimation, and surprisingly most prospective vendors are off at the wrong end of the scale and undervalue their beloved home.
- Timescale – Unless you are incredibly lucky, and there re no bumps in the road, the average time from offer acceptance to completion should be around 12 weeks (85 days / 2.7 months).
- Be sale ready – Or at least, viewing ready and finish those odd DIY jobs, calm down the loud décor and the clutter. Ensure your home is ready to show off as its best self.
- Do NOT start viewing other properties yourself – The odds of the ONE you fall for being available at the time yours sells are slim to none. It’s not worth the added pressure.
- Fact-Find – Source a reputable solicitor and confirm their fee structure, and speak to the mortgage company too, especially if your next move is UP because none one wants surprises.
With these checked and completed, it’s time to call in the experts, and unsurpassed are the incredibly talented, professional teams at Lamb & Co, they are your Perfect Partners. A family-run, independent Estate Agent with over forty years’ experience within the property sales and letting industry, Lamb & Co specialise in all aspects of Sale and Letting of both Residential and Commercial property throughout North Essex.
As exclusive local members of both the Land & New Homes Network, they not only have access to advanced marketing resources for all of their many clients but are also able to support landowners who wish to develop their plots for residential purposes as well.
Whether you are looking to sell, buy, let or rent in the Tendring District towns and surrounding villages they are the Estate Agent that really do deliver results, covering both residential and commercial property sales, with dedicated and professional team members. They also offer mortgage advice and surveying services and are on hand to guide and assist you with every aspect of your property sales and purchases requirements. So, for unrivalled approachable, professional service and advice please get in touch with one of our offices today. Lamb & Co will get you moving in the right direction.